Road Warrior Creative is Hiring an Experienced Front End Developer
As our Front End Developer, you will be responsible for crafting custom WordPress themes and plugins that are standards-compliant and adhere to current best practices in web development. In addition to fully coding custom websites, the developer will also consult as needed on new projects, including feasibility research, project timeline planning, and answering technical questions. This individual will also be responsible for assisting with ongoing website support and maintenance to ensure continued client success.
Road Warrior Creative is a boutique agency and you will be instrumental in helping us to develop new and improved systems and tools, in order to better serve our clientele. Projects range from traditional brochure sites for small businesses to more complex WordPress implementations with a national scale. We’re seeking someone who is passionate about development and who is interested in getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing agency.
- Collaborate with our creative team to develop custom WordPress websites, including both theme and plugin development
- Produce code solutions that load quickly and are developed from a mobile-first perspective
- Monitor and respond to client support requests in collaboration with our content and design teams
- Consult on and develop new features to be integrated into existing WordPress websites
- Provide leadership in improving and documenting processes and tools
- Enthusiastically contribute to in-house projects and learning opportunities
- Self-motivated, detailed-orientated individual
- Strong time management skills
- Prioritizes multiple tasks/deadlines effectively
- Works well within remote/digital teams
- Communicates well verbally and in writing
- Responds well to constructive criticism
- Enjoys learning and participates in the WordPress community
- Willing to work occasional evenings/weekends in high-volume or emergency situations
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as a front end developer
- Strong understanding of the inner workings of WordPress
- Experience with LESS or Sass
- Proficient at local environment development and GIT version control
- Capable of troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experienced in WordPress plugin development
- Reliable design sense: capable of delivering viable products off wireframes/swatches/inspiration sites for lower-budget projects
- Advanced WordPress debug skills
- Experience with the Genesis Framework a plus
We love working with distributed team members and have built a culture that supports our geographically diverse team. We understand what it means to work remotely, be it from a home office, coffee shop or co-working space. To be on our team you must be:
We love what we do and we do what we love. Being excited to go to work every day makes all the difference as we work to achieve great things.
Clear communication and proactive follow through is vital as we strive to complete projects on time and on budget.
Education and training are a core part of our services. Always be looking for ways to improve the success of projects, and be open to sharing your knowledge with others.
You are a core contributor to the success of our business and want to see it grow, bringing new ideas and positively representing our team in everything you do.
LOCATION & HOURS
Work from anywhere in the continental United States, as long as you have a computer and a reliable wifi signal. This position will start as part-time and as the business grows, will transition to full-time: generally 40 hours per week on Monday-Friday, but with occasional evening or weekends when the need arises. We believe that a business built on the internet has to be fluid and responsive. We believe in being available when problems arise, whether it’s at 2:00 PM or 2:00 AM, but we also believe in taking afternoons off to watch a school play, Friday happy hours at a local brewery, and weekends camping in the woods.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a contract-to-hire position. Road Warrior Creative offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure that rewards experience and long-term stays with the company
- Paid holidays and vacation time, including paid time off for volunteering and voting
- Continuing education support and referral bonuses
- Health + Dental + Vision, or a monthly wellness stipend
- Flexible remote work arrangements that are more family and pet friendly
- Need a change of scenery? Our Coffee Break Allowance buys your first coffee or tea each week
- Love to travel? Work from anywhere with an internet connection
Visit our website to apply at https://roadwarriorcreative.com/about/join-our-team/ Please do not email or call about this job. Applications will be accepted via the link above until March 31, 2017. MUST BE LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application