We’re still growing!
We’re looking for Full Stack Web Developers to join our multi-disciplined agile teams and help us build custom in-house Plugins to extend the functionality of our existing market-leading sites and provide new solutions to be re-used across our portfolio of sites and platforms.
You will also have the pleasure of building WordPress Themes from scratch as part of our rebranding efforts across the business. We are looking for proactive self-starters who are able to take the lead on projects.
You’ll Be Expected To:
- Write excellent, fluent PHP on a daily basis
- Produce quality HTML, CSS/SASS, JS and PHP to create custom plugins and themes from supplied design files will be critical to your success
- Take ownership of tasks and drive them through to delivery. While training and support will be provided, you are comfortable working independently within a strong team
- Be familiar with Drupal to WordPress migrations
- Feel comfortable with Multisite Network management
- Understand and practice GIT and GIT flow on daily basis
- Demonstrate proven experience of sitebuilding using the latest technologies
- Debug problems with existing WordPress plugins and setups
- Diagnose server issues
- Communicate clearly with non-technical stakeholders about your work and progress during daily standups
- Lead the way by identifying, sharing and championing best practices
- Be passionate about site speed and performance and the techniques that go along with it
- Solicit feedback from others and show eagerness to improve
It Will Also Be Great If You Were Comfortable With:
- Front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Setting up task runners (Grunt, Gulp)
- WordPress Plugin directory (ie. having the ability to identify appropriate off-the-shelf vs. custom build solution and the relevant tradeoffs)
- Experience with Drupal
- Using version control and dependency management
- Working with Vagrant or Docker
- Learning new things, web development changes all the time
- SEO and Accessibility best practices
Use your prolific WordPress development skills to bring new and exciting websites to life.
What We Can Teach You:
- Leadership Skills (ILM certified Management Development Academy)
- Agile Methodology
What Success Looks Like:
- From day one, you will commit production-ready and tested changes to the MVF codebase, creating pull requests for your work and having them peer reviewed, before deploying the changes to the live systems.
- You will participate in daily standups, clearly and effectively communicating your ideas and the status of your own tasks to the rest of your team.
- You will assist with the discovery and prioritisation of new work, and take ownership of appropriate tasks, seeing them through to delivery.
- You will create massive business value by understanding what the different areas of MVF do, what the impact of your work will be to each of those areas, and then focusing and delivering quickly.
Tech’s Favorite Benefits:
- Clear and structured career progression – we value individual contributors as much as people managers
- Working on interesting projects with smart like-minded people, who are keen to share their knowledge and improve on a daily basis
- New Apple gear to work on
- Conference and training budget with unlimited books
- Tech Talks & Beer on Fridays and regular socials
- Games room
- Free breakfast, occasional lunch and tons of fantastic food options in the area
- Large variety of sport, poker and game board clubs (you can start your own)
This button will take you to Stack Overflow Jobs where you finish your application