Wallop is an independent, award-winning digital agency that works with high-end or unique travel and hospitality brands. We are an expertise-driven company that uses tailored digital marketing programs to increase customer engagement and drive online conversions.
The company is 14 years old, and the majority of our clients are in the US. We have years of targeted experience in this vertical and deep knowledge of industry tools, trends, customers, and technologies.
We work with some of the most exciting luxury hospitality brands of the world, and you will have the opportunity to make a tangible impact on their businesses. There’s a very friendly and open culture here with lots of room for growth. We are particular about work/life balance, so expect to keep regular work hours and the flexibility to manage your personal life.
We are not looking for someone to simply take orders and execute them; we are looking for someone to lead, think critically, be active in planning/documentation/specs, and deliver technical solutions for our clients in the context of the project scope.
You don’t have to have every qualification in the laundry list below, but here’s a summary of the skills we’re looking for:
- Experience planning, documenting, and scoping out technical projects on common open source technologies, frameworks, and CMS (WordPress)
- Experience working with responsive websites and mobile technologies
- PHP / MySQL
- Familiarity with web servers, such as Apache, and/or NGINX on a Linux environment
- Experience developing with Timber and the Twig templating engine
- Knowledge of tools such as gulp, yarn
- Version control experience (SVN/GIT)
- Experience with WordPress development and customizing plugins
- Experience developing modular websites using Advanced Custom Fields PRO: Flexible Content
- Experience developing custom themes
- Multi-sites, and managing child themes
- Installing SSL certificates to Web Servers and WordPress websites
Nice to have
- Functional knowledge of web standards, usability, best practices, and responsive frameworks such as * Foundation or Bootstrap
- Experience configuring DNS records
- Experience with WordPress form plugins like Wufoo, Ninjaforms, and Contact7
- Experience with OpenTable, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Booking Engines
- Experience with Google Maps API (gmaps.js)
- Experience with Social Media APIs such as Instagram, and Twitter
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Extended health and dental provided. Extended Christmas holidays in addition to your annually allotted vacation time.
Learn more about our culture on our careers page: https://wallop.ca/careers/
This button will take you to Github Jobs where you finish your application