Are you interested in being at the centre of cutting edge web and collaboration solutions?
The Enterprise Applications Branch of the Central Agencies I&IT Cluster is seeking two senior developers, one of which will focus on search development, who will have the opportunity to work with leading web technologies on interesting and diverse projects with a motivated and energetic team of IT and new media professionals.
What can I expect to do in this role? As a Senior Applications Developer, you will:
- Provide technical expertise in all phases of the system development lifecycle from design, development, testing, implementation to post implementation support.
- Develop solutions using cutting edge open source web technologies to meet clients' IT requirements.
- Conduct complex systems analysis and suggest application improvements and long term strategies to support business goals.
- Conduct testing to ensure developed solutions meet clients' requirements, and perform as expected.
- Develop production support procedures and provide production support for business critical systems.
Please note: The current location for this position is in Toronto, however, Oshawa may be considered as an alternate location for part of the work week based on operational requirements and upon the successful applicant's request as per the Central Agencies Cluster's flex program.
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- You have demonstrated knowledge and experience in development, testing and implementation of web solutions using open source web technologies (WordPress, Lucene) and extending them.
- You have demonstrated experience and knowledge of cloud architecture, tools, deployment models and best practices.
- You have experience building service-oriented integration architecture and REST APIs (Google Maps/Analytics).
- You have demonstrated experience in designing, building, and configuring database management systems (e.g. MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Hadoop, Redis).
- You have knowledge of the current web (e.g. WCAG 2.0 AAA) standards, and security (OWASP) best practices and experience in their application.
- You have experience using code management tools (e.g. GIT).
Analytical and Evaluation Skills:
- You have demonstrated experience assessing clients' information/systems needs and leading the development of information technology solutions which are cost effective and improve clients' program/service delivery.
- You have demonstrated experience analyzing complex system problems and resolving them with minimal impact to the business.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- You have demonstrated oral communication skills to make presentations to clients, stakeholders and users to discuss requirements, solution options and recommendations.
- You have demonstrated interpersonal skills to work within a team environment.
Project Management Skills:
- You have demonstrated leadership skills to coordinate the development of technical project plans, control project processes and provide technical leadership to stakeholders.
- You have experience with agile development methodologies to plan technical activities, and schedules by determining technical requirements, resource and cost estimates.
Salary Range: $1,357.77 – $1,753.98 per week
- 2 Permanent, 222 Jarvis St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 102690, by Tuesday, January 10, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
This button will take you to Github Jobs where you finish your application