Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
Position Title Technical Lead and Drupal Developer
Department Web Publishing Services
Position Number 1125688
Position Purpose To provide technology leadership for the Web-Services team. Acts as the key technical advisor in a cross-functional leadership team for all of Dartmouth's Web infrastructure. Function as the primary back-end / module Drupal developer, manage the development team, and manage all platform and technical issues related to maintaining and expanding the Web infrastructure.
Skills & Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of scripting and web development languages.
- Architect level knowledge of Drupal module development
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to research technical solutions
- Ability to delegate and supervise other programing professionals
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population
- Experience managing a technical team and vendors
- At least eight years' experience and demonstrated proficiency in client-side and web application development.
- At least eight years' experience and proficiency in developing for and maintaining content management systems.
- At least 4 years developing Drupal custom modules
- Bachelor's degree required
- Concentration in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics preferred, consideration provided for comparable experience and related continuing education
SEIU Level Not an SEIU Position
Employment Category Regular Full Time
Department Contact for Cover Letter Jonathan Chiappa, Director of Web Services
Special Instructions to Applicants Location: 4 Currier Place, Suite 101, Hanover, NH 03755 Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Key Accountabilities Key Accountabilities Technical Lead and Programming
- Provide technical oversight and strategic planning for all Web Services systems and technologies.
- Primary developer for custom Drupal modules, including design, development, testing, and documentation. Ensures the effective use of coding standards, testing, code management and development tools.
- Supervise team of technical professionals and vendor developers including schedule estimates, coordination of multiple development tracks, supervise code reviews, and timely implementation
- Recommend appropriate technology solutions based on institution needs, market research and cost/benefit analysis.
- Ensure high-performance and high availability for all critical web systems, including planning for future growth.
- Evaluate infrastructure utilities/tools and make purchasing recommendations.
- Work as part of the larger Web Services team to support the work request prioritization process.
- Work with department leadership to develop timelines for initiatives and complete development within established timelines. Leadership / Management
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership for all Web Services technical platforms including Drupal, OmniUpdate, and WordPress.
- Provide leadership in the definition and deployment of standard methodologies, best practices, and technical standards.
- Collaborate with the Director of Web Services, helping to establish a robust technical environment that effectively serves Dartmouth's requirements and supports the operations of the institution.
- Supervises the Web Services development team including performance reviews, annual goal setting, day-to-day work assignments and support for personnel issues. Communication and Collaboration
- Effectively collaborate across the IT organization creating joint processes, methodologies, and best practices.
- Manage vendor development, driving requirements, coding standards, ensure compliance with approved methodologies and effective testing.
- Develop understanding of similarities and differences in diverse cultures through employee education programs.
- Communicate respectfully to a diverse community. — Performs other duties as assigned.
This button will take you to Github Jobs where you finish your application