Worksite Safety Compliance Centre is disrupting the Canadian Occupational Health and Safety training industry by offering its customers a unique combination of over the top awesome user experience (both in-application and in-person), and engaging standards compliant training.
We are actively developing our technology so that we can continue to impress our users with the functionality and features that they need to make their lives easier.
We are currently looking for a resourceful, self-motivated, and creative individual to join our team to lead the development of our e-commerce e-learning application, manage the environments where it lives, and lend a hand with a variety of programming work to keep things looking great and running smoothly.
Role & Responsibilities
- Loves creating awesome interfaces, and is fluent in front-end development tasks using the standard stuff like: HTML, CSS, and JS
- Enjoys solving complex problems by writing efficient, scalable and semantic code when performing back-end/application development tasks in a LAMP stack environment
- Complete development tasks in local environment, test and deploy using GIT and Deploybot
- Slices and manipulates Photoshop documents and other art assets for development use as needed
- Utilizes best practices in order to minimize cross-browser/platform rendering issues
- Passionately follows the latest technology with a keen eye for emerging platforms
- Excited to take on a large scope of responsibility including server management, development of e-commerce websites, building web application functionality, and application performance optimization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and assignments
Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years of focused experienced in PHP application development
- Fluent in HTML, CSS, JS and PHP/MySQL in a LAMP environment using GIT
- Experience with developing complex functionality in WordPress is essential
- Ability to work independently a must
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
- Working knowledge of cross-platform browser support a plus
- Applicant must be willing to participate in a test project during the interview process
- Position is on-site and full-time
- Salary is $60-80k and will be set based on experience
- Includes fully company-funded extended health coverage (including health spending account)
This button will take you to Github Jobs where you finish your application