Penguin Random House and the Crown Publishing Group are seeking a self-directed, experienced Web Developer for their consumer-focused web communities. Working on a small team of developers and reporting to the Manager of Community Development for Crown Publishing, this position would be responsible for providing innovative and best-in-class user experience, ensuring web best practices are being met, creating exciting and forward-thinking web tools and solutions to drive readers toward discovering our books and authors. The ideal candidate has a deep appreciation for open source technologies and a passion for optimal user experience. They also possess an entrepreneurial spirit – bringing new ideas and solutions to the group and a willingness to experiment in emerging technologies.
- Maintains and enhances existing community websites and works with other internal and external teams to ensure the systems are properly integrated.
- Designed and implements user-focused templates and interfaces to maximize usability and customer experience.
- Develops in a WordPress environment (templates, themes, database tables, core files, etc.)
- Provides ad hoc support for custom landing page requests as schedule and priorities allow.
- 3-4+ years of web design and development experience
- Interest and experience in developing custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processing languages (Sass and LESS) and best practices
- Ability to utilize APIs (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to create rich web experiences
- Computer science degree preferred
- WordPress (required)
- Sass and LESS (required)
- Git (required)
- Bootstrap and/or other web frameworks
- jQuery (required)
- Gulp and/or Grunt
- NPM and Bower (required)
- Design Applications: Photoshop, InDesign
This button will take you to Github Jobs where you finish your application