Web Development Specialist
The Treasury Board Secretariat, Central Agencies I&IT Cluster, is looking for an individual with exceptional knowledge in web technologies and technical Internet design, to fill the role of Web Development Specialist.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Lead and coordinate the provision of web application code, developer guidance and support for Government of Ontario websites.
- Provide support to the redesign/redevelopment activities of government websites.
- Identify, analyze, and evaluate project requirements, develop project activity plans and schedules, and coordinate resources.
- Maintain and support existing web standards.
- Prepare and present reports and briefings to senior officials on specific projects assigned.
Note: These positions can be located in either the Toronto or Oshawa location.
How do I qualify?
- You have knowledge of website hosting and maintenance methods.
- You have knowledge of emerging web technologies and tools, open source web technologies, and web site usability and accessibility requirements.
- You have conceptual and operational knowledge of current and accepted technical Internet design, development and management methods, including experience with agile software development methodologies.
- You have knowledge and experience with “LAMP” (Linux, Apache or nginx, MySQL, PhP) environments, open source web technologies (especially WordPress, Lucene/Solr), distributed code management and Cloud deployment methodologies.
Systems Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills:
- You can identify and assess web technology, specific site planning and development requirements and resource needs as they relate to program and service delivery requirements.
- You can recommend and implement practical alternatives and solutions.
- You can prepare business cases.
Communication, Consultation, and Interpersonal Skills:
- You can provide consultative assistance, technical expertise, advice and recommendations.
- You can prepare and present reports, plans and briefings.
- You can establish credibility and foster effective and collegial work relationships with committees, project teams, cluster staff and managers.
Salary Range: $1,261.01 – $1,611.66 per week
- 2 Permanent, 222 Jarvis St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 102951, by Wednesday, January 18, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
This button will take you to Github Jobs where you finish your application