WebOps/AWS Specialist needed to join our cross-functional, collaborative tech team of five developers at WNET.
We build award-winning WordPress-powered websites with HTML5 and responsive design, and multi-platform OTT and mobile video apps. This is a terrific opportunity to expand your skill set to tackle projects that are fun and challenging while working with talented developers, designers, and producers who build media-rich products that reach tens of thousands of people every day. Here are a few examples of our work:
THIRTEEN Passport – https://www.thirteen.org/passport/ Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Android, and iOS Apps – https://www.thirteen.org/anywhere/ PBS SoCal – https://www.pbssocal.org/ More examples and our tech blog – https://ieg.wnet.org/
As the WebOps/AWS Specialist, you will maintain, upgrade, and refine our hosting infrastructure on AWS (<10 EC2s) and help us optimize the performance and scalability of our websites and apps, with an eye toward optimal up-time. You will work and test on Mac and Windows, and use Git to deploy. Additionally, you will:
- Deploy web sites with WordPress
- Deploy back-end resources for OTT and mobile apps
- Monitor website and API availability and mitigate any issues
- Write about your work for IEG’s tech blog
A minimum of 3 years of experience with the following:
- AWS CloudFront, EBS, EC2, IAM, RDS, S3, and SES
- LAMP configuration and Linux system administration
- GitHub or BitBucket
Additional experience with the following will be needed:
- Hardening AWS products against security threats
- Working with PHP, Memcached, and CloudFront caching
- Configuring caching and security-related HTTP headers
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with developers, producers, and designers
Bonus Points if you have experience with:
- OTT, mobile, or WordPress development
- API service or client development
- Docker or Amazon ECS
- ACM, CloudTrail, Config, GuardDuty, or WAF
- New Relic Alerts, Synthetics, Infrastructure, or APM
Apply online at www.wnet.org/careers.
WNET New York Public Media 825 Eighth Avenue New York, NY 10019
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Work/Life Balance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 20 days; 10 holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health, Dependent Care, Transit)
- Tuition reimbursement
IEG is a fun, creative, collaborative environment. Our offices are located at World Wide Plaza in the Theater District, with a wide variety of restaurants in the immediate area.
The Interactive Engagement Group (IEG) at WNET is a team of over 20 content producers, social media managers, designers, and developers who provide ongoing Web and mobile app development for WNET’s station sites, local productions, PBS national programs, and external clients. The developers in IEG write the code that powers our multi-platform online experiences, and deploy and manage the hosting infrastructure for Web, mobile and online video. We make our online content interactive, fast, and available 24/7/365, and enjoy surmounting difficult technical challenges to increase user engagement with compelling content.
This button will take you to Github Jobs where you finish your application