Macmillan Publishers is seeking a WordPress Developer to join the Central Digital Marketing Department!
As part of this team, you will be tasked with supporting a number of existing Websites on a day-to-day basis, as well as the design and development of new sites. You should feel equally comfortable levering existing WordPress themes or creating custom themes from scratch, owning your own projects start to finish, and trouble shooting coding errors on existing Websites. You should feel equally passionate about great design and user experience, and well-structured, pixel-perfect code.
The Central Digital Marketing team at Macmillan supports the marketing teams at eight publishers as well as a handful of dedicated Websites teams. As such, you will need strong interpersonal and organizational skills to manage multiple projects and work with a range of stakeholders on a daily basis.
In addition to having proven experience in responsive design and development of WordPress sites, you should be a strong team player who responds well to direction but also offers vision and creative guidance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the migration and redeployment of existing sites to WordPress
- Help to design and architect solutions useable across properties and to advance the use of design patterns, modularization, and workflow automation
- Work with IT to ensure robust hosting, site stability, and system integration and ensure best practice are followed
- Regularly liaise with the agency supporting our corporate Website, us.macmillan.com, and contribute to the strategic vision for the site
- Liaise with our third-party SEO consulting agency and ensure our Websites are optimized for discovery
- Support scale in the WordPress environment (templates, themes, database tables, APIs, etc.)
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience in web development/design
- Expertise in WordPress, PHP, JSON
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Familiarity of SEO best practices, frontend and backend
- Understanding and practice of standard UX concepts
- Hands-on experience developing web based applications using HTML5/CSS, AJAX, some developing of XML/XSD
Other Required Skills/Knowledge:
- Takes ownership of unit testing and collaboration with QA team to ensure high quality releases
- Familiarity with the publishing industry a plus
Educational Background Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, web development or related experience
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application