The Make theme is our friendly small business site builder for WordPress. Make already has over 500,000 downloads, and thousands of paying customers, but we’re just getting started!
We have big plans for Make and we’re excited to bring on a full-time engineer to help us drive development forward. You’ll work directly with me (Scott). I currently handle design and project management. You’ll handle the development of Make and Make Plus, and also chip in to help maintain our Theme Foundry themes.
Who we’re looking for
It’s great fun and always rewarding working with people who are enthusiastic and get stuff done. This opportunity is for you if:
- You are wildly motivated and get what matters done.
- You have experience working remotely and enjoy working alone.
- You handle the pressures of multitasking and fast-paced work well.
- You love building purposeful products with a small team.
- You write clean and understandable code.
- You love engaging with customers.
- You know it’s about results, not time spent in your seat.
- You thrive on challenges.
- You make sure things get done on time.
- You know the best decisions always benefit customers.
- You are willing to speak up and share your ideas.
- You love simplicity.
Daily challenges you’ll be working on
Because we’re a tiny team, you’ll be hands on maintaining our Theme Foundry themes and actively developing Make. Challenges involve:
- Crafting the world’s best page builder for WordPress!
- Writing code that’s clean, understandable and scalable.
- Shipping new features for Make and Make Plus.
- Fixing routine theme bugs that come up from time to time.
- Chipping in to answer customer support questions and emails.
- Performing minor server updates and maintaining internal development tools.
Some of the tools and services we use: Github, Slack, Trello, Front, Basecamp, Papertrail.
Skills, salary and perks
- Base salary of $50,000 USD.
- Quarterly profit sharing bonuses (typically $5,000+ pa).
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world – we’re 100% distributed.
- Work the hours that suit you.
- Apple hardware if you don’t have equipment.
- Flexible vacation. Take it when you need it.
Important note: We do not provide health insurance.
If you know you’d be a perfect Make Engineer, shoot an email to jobs [at] thethemefoundry.com and tell us why. Be sure to share your portfolio, and any other links (e.g. Twitter) to help us get to know you better.
PS: While we can’t write back to everyone, know that we’re thrilled to hear from you!
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application