LattePress is looking to establish a long-term relationship with excellent developers who specialize in WordPress for both front-end and back-end development work, primarily back-end.
We are looking for at least one senior developer and two junior developers. We’ll begin with some small tasks to test competency and see if we’re a good fit – if everything works out we can provide full-time work.
What We’re Looking For:
Excellent developers who can build quality, well-commented code. You should be comfortable building custom WordPress plugins and themes from the ground up as well as extending existing code.
– Expert level knowledge of PHP with a main focus on WordPress, developing custom functionality in WordPress themes and Plugins as well as expert knowledge of core PHP applications outside of WordPress.
– Have knowledge of and be able to recommend and execute best practices in building custom WordPress themes and plugins.
– Understanding and benig comfortable using git repositories and proper development infrastructure and tools.
– Someone who keeps themselves up to date on the latest trends and frameworks and can recommend and put together an optimal plan on WordPress themes, plugins, functionality, setup, performance, security and more.
– Be familiar with all latest WordPress plugins and tools.
– Expert knowledge in theme and plugin performance, decrease loading times, have an understanding of CDNs and caching and related plugins.
– Be comfortable building and extending WordPress as well as building PHP applications from the ground up.
– Excellent knowledge of best practices, utilizing child themes, forking plugins, using available hooks to implement additional functionality into existing plugins, etc.
– Have knowledge of and be able to recommend and execute best practices in building WordPress themes.
– Be familiar with modern WordPress page-builders such as Divi, Elementor, Beaver Builder. While preferably we will be building themes, many projects will require the use of builders and you should be comfortable not only using them, but developing around them.
– Be familiar or willing to learn about current WordPress front-end frameworks (Genesis, Sage, etc).
– Be proficient in LESS/SASS and understand the best ways to utilize these within projects.
– Be able to implement front-end designs in other applications outside WordPress as needed (though you are not expected to know every templating system for every system, but be able to design and build a front-end in pure HTML/CSS/JS outside of WordPress with the intent of implementing into other systems.
– Understanding and ability with Photoshop to translate PSD to code – Graphic design skills a plus but not required.
– Excellent English language skills (writing), ability to communicate with a team and potentially with clients when needed.
– Comfortable speaking English when needed – All applicants will be interviewed via Skype in English. You will not regularly need to have voice calls, however occasionally we will need to speak to speed up a process. Calls with clients are unlikely.
– You must be able and willing to use time tracking (Freshbooks).
– You must be able to login and use our PM software (Teamwork) as you will be working and collaborating with team members on projects.
– Knowledge of Yii and Laravel a plus but not required.
DO NOT APPLY IF:
– You do not apply to all items above.
– You are an agency – we want to develop a relationship with an individual freelancer.
– Work with a great team and an established development company.
– Competitive pay and reliable on-going work.
– Well planned out and documented projects.
– Excellent project management and oversight so you’ll always know what you’re meant to be doing and who to discuss any issues that arise.
– No projects that are under-budget or unrealistically scheduled.
– Flexible Schedules.
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application