Modern Tribe, is looking for a Senior Backend Developer with advanced WordPress experience to join our team. Do you have a near encyclopedic knowledge of what was included in the last few major WordPress releases? Could you go toe to toe in a WordPress coding standard battle? Do you dream in WordPress? We want to meet you!
The Backend developer gig at Modern Tribe will offer you the opportunity to become a leader within our tribe. You will be helping to build and inspire an awesome dev team working on innovative and large scale WordPress installations. We are looking for a backend developer that is already actively working in the WordPress website and plugin development field. You need to be up to speed and knowledgeable about the most recent releases and standards of WordPress. We want you to be as excited and as passionate as we are about what we are creating with the platform.
Experienced WordPress developers only!
Modern Tribe believes in quality. In our products. In our relationships. In our lives. We are 100% distributed and close as can be.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work remotely with little-to-no supervision is a must
- Excited to be part of a team with the potential for a long term relationship
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- 3-5 years experience working as a backend web developer on production sites
- 3+ years experience working on WordPress sites
- Extensive experience implementing complex WordPress sites
- Skilled at crafting modern PHP
- A comprehensive understanding of what it takes to write secure and performant code
- Thorough knowledge of WordPress, PHP and MySQL
- Excellent understanding of OOP, software development life cycle and better practices
- Experience working with at least one automated testing framework
- Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
- Unit Testing
- Experience with WPML
- Experience with server technologies like Redis or ElasticSearch
- Remote work experience
As a Senior WordPress Backend Developer at Modern Tribe, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate with the project strategist to articulate the best technological solution for the problem at hand
- Analyze user story acceptance criteria to ensure the technical feasibility and point out potential issues
- Work with a team of developers to deliver on time, on budget and on scope
- Architect and develop broadly compatible new products, features, and bug fixes with consideration for accessibility, performance, and multilingual installations
- Write high quality code with readability, efficiency and maintainability in mind
- Develop and maintain complex WordPress-based applications
- Implement complex features using modern PHP code and patterns while following standards
- Code review the work of other developers
- Improve our internal tools, libraries and standards
- Actively participate in our scrum meetings
- Work with the team to diagnose and resolve backend bugs and support requests
- Mentor junior developers
Given the nature of this role, we’re exclusively seeking applicants located in North America who have a perfect command of the English language. Please do not apply if you are not totally fluent in English or are located / work outside of traditional U.S. business hours.
The gig is about we are looking for can be full time or a freelance contract role 15-20 hours per week of work . We are always seeking longer relationships with awesome people.
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application