Stanford Law School (SLS) is looking for a full-stack WordPress developer to join the Web Team in the Office of Communications and Public Relations, reporting to the Associate Director of Online Communications & Identity. The SLS WebTeam updates and maintains the law school website, and also creates multimedia and interactive Web projects. We are looking for someone who likes a creative challenge and thinks anything is possible – it’s just a matter of figuring things out.
Duties include working with the Web Team to architect, build, and implement new, high quality, high performance web-based applications and tools that maximally leverage available technology infrastructure – as well as maintain and enhance the law school website with dynamic content, and implement SLS Web initiatives.
Technically, the individual must be able to quickly synthesize complex design and functionality requirements and execute solutions that account for usability, accessibility, security, and maintainability.
With your application please include links to WordPress projects you have worked on with descriptions of your role and contributions.
- Architect, implement, and manage web-based applications, databases, and interfaces from initial architecture through development, test, and deployment.
- Implement and maintain content management systems (primarily WordPress, some Drupal), including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and creation of custom SLS plugins and content types. Develop and deploy upgrade/migration plans for content management systems.
- Develop and deploy web applications and client-side web interface components that interact with relational database management systems that integrate with Stanford’s web, authentication, and authorization infrastructure.
- Evaluate and implement new programming languages and technologies. Provide life-cycle management for software and code.
- Design and document data structures, architecture, and process flows for websites, web-based applications, and databases.
- Assist and collaborate with other staff on technical matters. Conduct security reviews of applications written by other developers.
- Design, coordinate, and troubleshoot integrations, components, and infrastructures to run enterprise class website.
- Research, evaluate, and enforce web standards for usability and accessibility. Develop and enforce Stanford programming and application design standards.
- Work with outside vendors as appropriate on development-related projects.
* – Other duties may also be assigned
This button will take you to Stack Overflow Jobs where you finish your application