We are seeking an experienced, motivated and resourceful Senior WordPress Engineer with a blend of back-end and front-end skills. If you are the kind of person who likes to solve challenges with out-of-the-box thinking, love to learn and share your insights, know what it means to be a team player and build relationships with clients based on trust, Nolte is the perfect place to work for you!
In this highly collaborative role, you will work with front end developers, designers and content engineers to build efficient, beautiful and responsive websites and mobile apps. The Senior WordPress Engineer will work closely with an internal cross-functional team to create and/or customize themes, plugins and responsive designs for a range of clients.
- Code new WordPress themes, page templates, and plugins from scratch and modify existing themes and plugins.
- Extending WordPress/WooCommerce functionality to interact with 3rd party platforms utilizing their respective REST APIs.
- Work with the Nolte Care team to develop amazing WordPress functionality as well as to provide long term support to Nolte Care’s existing clients.
- Owning client requests which require your attention along with following the work through until completion.
- Communicating with clients in a collaborative manner to support as well as to improve new and existing functionality.
- Estimating the time required to complete tasks to spec.
- Producing quality code which meets coding standards as well as follows best practices.
- 3-5 years of experience developing WordPress, utilizing PHP object oriented programming techniques.
- 1-2 years of experience integrating 3rd party APIs with WordPress
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience with behavior driven development
- Experience with Gutenberg and Guten-blocks
- Previous experience PHPunit or testing frameworks.
- Server side performance, debugging and optimisation techniques.
- Experience with React, Angular or other SPA JS Frameworks.
- Experience with JS based task runners such as Gulp and Node.js based modules.
- Comfort with command line tools.
- Experience with Git based workflow using git-flow and Local / Staging / Production development environments.
Our great Benefits!
- An entrepreneurial environment with a competitive salary.
- Work with a young, highly-motivated and experienced team.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We attract, develop and retain the best from all backgrounds which requires a culture of inclusion where everyone feels respected
- Wellbeing Allowance: We take a holistic approach to physical, emotional, and financial wellness for our team.
- Balancing your life: we provide generous time off policies for everything life throws your way. Whether it’s a new baby (new parent leave), a family vacation (flexible vacations policy), or a nasty cold (trust sick leave policy), we’ve got you covered.
- A great ‘Work from home‘ policy.
Last but not least…
At Nolte we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
This button will take you to Stack Overflow Jobs where you finish your application