We are looking for someone to help us develop, build, and maintain our growing global infrastructure for WordPress VIP and it’s clients. Our Engineers help some of the world’s most prominent organizations use WordPress at scale.
This is a real-time traffic map. Each color represents an Automattic data center.
We are a globally distributed team and where you live doesn’t matter.
Bonus points if you can guess which city each color represents on the map above and tell us the methodology you used to figure it out. If you have some time and want to learn more about how we do things, watch this ScaleConf video.
This role is highly varied, from systems development, to performance tuning and infrastructure monitoring. You’ll be working on the Ops-side, deploying, monitoring and defending, but also on the Development side – architecting, building and deploying.
If you’re passionate about performance, reliability, and serving billions of web requests per day, we’re excited to chat with you. Some technologies we are currently using: Docker, Nginx, PHP, MySQL, MongoDB, Node.js, Statsd, Graphite, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Hadoop, MogileFS, HDFS, and BGP just to get started.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe.
- Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
What to Expect
We know applying to jobs can be stressful and we want to ease the stress by giving clear expectations up front about what to expect from our process. We’ve outlined everything you need to know here including all of the steps in the process as well as how we approach hiring. We’re always iterating so if you happen to join us in the process, please feel free to offer feedback on what else we can include there!
This button will take you to Stack Overflow Jobs where you finish your application