As a Technical Support Specialist, you’re responsible for guiding people to the fullest use of our products. You will build relationships based on trust which result in happy, passionate, and loyal customers through listening to their needs.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re passionate about solving problems and helping people.
- You’re incredibly positive and enjoy making another person’s day.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- Answer simple to complex pre-sale, education and product-related questions through email support. Troubleshoot and resolve configuration and technical issues for customers so they can succeed with our product.
- Create and update documentation to educate customers on the use of the product.
- Create and update saved-replies for recurring questions.
- Record feature-requests from customers.
- Report bugs to the Development team through GitHub.
This is not an exhaustive list of role responsibilities. This outline indicates the major responsibilities of this role on a regular basis.
Key Performance Indicators
- The number of support tickets resolved per week.
- Response time and happiness score (rating from the customer).
- The number of documentation tasks completed.
- MANDATORY high-level skills using and navigating WordPress.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, and comfortable using the debugging console to identify and resolve issues from the browser.
- Experience working with email marketing service providers (ex. MailChimp and AWeber) or CRM’s (ex. Salesforce).
- Experience using Google Analytics, and familiar with Google Analytics report interface.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- Able to explain in plain language, the solution to a complex technical issue, step by step, to a non-technical person.
- Resourceful – you know how to find answers, and do homework before reaching out or escalating tickets to more senior team members.
- Critical-thinker – you actively seek opportunities to systematize customer service efforts to maintain quality expectations; documenting and enhancing processes to maximize individual and team productivity.
- Customer-focused – our first Company Value is People First. You understand that we treat our customers as our #1 priority.
What We Offer
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Flexible Schedule – Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, UK, Czech Republic, Greece, Pakistan, and more.
- We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- After one year with the company: 30 calendar days paid maternity/paternity leave, and up to 60 calendar days total time off with position guaranteed.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that makes a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application