Web Developer (Full Time)
West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) connects K-12 schools, higher educational institutions, libraries, state and county government, and various not-for-profits to the Internet and the rest of the world through our state-of-the-art network and telecommunications expertise.
Our team of dedicated IT professionals provide guidance and training to educators and staff in higher education and K-12 schools. Our research and development of software, tools, and systems address problems and tackle challenges that are unique to West Virginia’s public institutions and not-for- profits.
Work Location: 837 Chestnut Ridge Road, Morgantown, WV, 26505 (Required)
Classification: Salary, Non-Classified, Full-Time Benefits, FLSA Exempt
Salary: Starting annual salary range is $45,000 – $55,000 and commensurate with experience. Additionally, WVNET offers an excellent state government benefits package, including comprehensive health insurance coverage, retirement investing, and life insurance plans as well as generous amounts of vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
WVNET is seeking an experienced Web Developer (WordPress or other CMS) with all aspects of website design, creation, and maintenance of websites for a range of internal and external clients. The Web Developer must possess an extremely versatile skillset and feel comfortable hand-coding HTML, CSS, PHP, working with content management systems and databases, cultivating relationships with clients, as well as creating/editing media. This position will report to the Supervisor of Development and Manager of the Teaching and Learning Commons.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design, develop, create, and maintain 200+ websites for the, for the institution and its clients.
• Assist departmental units with construction and maintenance of websites and content.
• Create and/or work with a variety of digital content, including but not limited to images, photographs, audio, video, graphics, logos, and promotional pieces.
• Maintain strong working relationships with current clients and foster new relationships with potential clients as opportunities arise.
• Formulate and provide timeline/budget estimates for clients. Assist in drafting of MOUs for web design, development, support, and web hosting services provided by the institution.
• Install, configure, and maintain content management systems such as WordPress and Drupal.
• Create custom themes and child themes from scratch, as well as utilizing available third-party plugins and themes as appropriate.
• Install, configure, and assist in front-end development (UX/UI) of Web applications.
Maintain knowledge of and actively apply W3C best practices and accepted standards in design and development of accessible websites and content for all users, including the ability to perform comprehensive audits of content in regard to Section 508/ADA Compliance.
• Monitor and perform daily updates of plugins, themes, and core CMS, including vital security plugins across all hosted websites.
• Aid in the design and development of instructional content for online training through services such as Blackboard, serving as the instructor for appropriate web-related courses.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Experience with responsive design principles and mobile-first design.
• Familiarity with web standards (ADA Section 508 accessibility standards, WCAG, W3C validation), perform ADA Compliance audits.
• Extensive experience with content management systems (WordPress is a must).
• Familiarity with MySQL/Maria DB and use of SFTP clients (e.g., FileZilla), and SSH.
• Experience with Git or SVN for version control preferred.
• Graphics and multimedia tools (e.g., Adobe suite). Must be able to create/edit graphics, including both vector and raster image formats.
• Website design and construction, including mockups and custom themes.
• Website maintenance (e.g., CMS updates and plugin updates).
• Excellent writing/editing skills.
• Customer service skills for direct client interaction.
• Presentation skills to provide website-related trainings and orientations to customers.
• Research and development skills to investigate solutions, tools, and technologies
• Ability to work accurately.
• Ability to maintain proper job attendance and punctuality standards.
• Strong grasp of security principles.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook).
• Experience with frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation is a plus.
• Experience with Google Analytics search-engine optimization tools.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, or related field.
• Three (3) years of related experience in Website creation, maintenance, and graphic and digital design/layout.
• Two (2) years’ experience with WordPress or similar CMS required.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. WVNET provides a collegial, respectful and inclusive environment that values the diversity, creativity and contributions of its staff.
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application