Sametz Blackstone Associates seeks a Senior Web Developer interested in both front-end and back-end development to lead our highly collaborative development process.
The ideal candidate understands the full-stack, has a high level of competence with best practices, and has an affinity for open source platforms like WordPress and Drupal. And due to the collaborative—and consultative—nature of our practice, strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Projecting scoping (including areas of limitation and opportunity)
- Collaborative wireframe and design review with UX and design team members
- Custom website development—including custom WordPress and Drupal themes—using wireframes and design files
- Setting up and maintaining development, staging, and production environments
- Recommending and implementing performance improvements
- Code evaluation to ensure proper structure, accessibility, and cross browser / device / OS compatibility
- Managing the consistent use of development approaches and libraries of reusable elements
- Client training and defined post-launch support
- Interfacing with client IT personnel to align expectations around site hosting and delivery
- Technical documentation
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience
- Ability to write clean, efficient, cross-browser compliant front-end code
- Demonstrated experience with responsive design frameworks
- Ability to convert PSD and Sketch files to front-end markup with great attention to detail that carries through design intentions
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git (experience with the Git flow model a plus)
- Comfortable working in team-based environments
- Demonstrated experience working with hosting vendors
- Hands on experience a must. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering preferred.
- Open-Source technologies preferred: PHP, Apache, LESS, Git, Grunt
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; ability to clearly explain concepts to a non-technical audience
Applicants must be local to Boston, MA. This is a full time, permanent position.
About Sametz Blackstone Associates
Sametz Blackstone Associates, Boston, is a brand-focused strategy, design, and digital media firm that helps evolving organizations to better connect with their constituencies, build lasting relationships, and successfully navigate change.
We collaborate to refine and articulate each client’s vision, value, and voice—verbal and visual—to realize goals and fulfill potential. We plan, write, design, and produce programs that build or re-energize brands, launch new ventures, promote offerings, increase participation, and attract the best and brightest.
Through integrated print, digital, environmental, and social media we bolster both earned and contributed income streams—and help each client to be the best, most relevant version of themselves.
Our clients are educational, research, life sciences, healthcare, and cultural institutions—as well as high tech, professional, and financial services enterprises. They are both start-ups and centenarians; they’re around the corner and around the globe.
For our 36 years, we’ve been located in a six-story brownstone in Boston’s historic South End.
We have dogs, people you won’t mind spending rainy days with, and excellent cookies.
This button will take you to Authentic Jobs where you finish your application