envisionit, an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Chicago, is seeking a WordPress Developer to join our growing team. Our clients span a number of industries from Emerging Tech to Travel & Leisure and our teams boast many talents across the ever-evolving spectrum of digital. We believe firmly you should enjoy what you do every day, so we make passion a priority. As a Web Developer at envisionit, you will work alongside a tight-knit bunch of seriously talented people who genuinely like each other, have fun and work hard for the collective success. Not to mention, the lake is like two blocks away. You can see the Bean without even having to squint. If you love coding, and working with people, and figuring it out, it’s a pretty great place.
This role is not eligible for telecommuting, we are seeking a full-time employee to work primarily out of our Chicago office.
- Build websites that allow for easy editability for novice administrators and are straightforward to maintain for other developers
- Perform quality control and testing of web programming to ensure expected functionality
- Adhere to version control policies
- Troubleshoot development issues and work with various departmental teams to discuss development-related issues and/or the impact of their specific development requests on the project
- Stay current with industry technologies and research emerging ones, sharing knowledge with appropriate internal staff
What we’re looking for:
- A solid understanding of current front-end development techniques as well as configuring and customizing various CMS systems, particularly WordPress
- Someone who sees the bigger picture, and avoids using inline styles and compartmentalizing code blocks as much as possible
- Familiarity with responsive and/or adaptive design implementation
- Strong understanding of UX for both web and mobile experiences
- Understanding of git and git flow and typical versioning practices
- Ability to empathize with client’s needs and translate them into an exceptional result
- Ability to function in a fast-paced collaborative agency environment, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously without losing attention to detail or quality
- A team player that is an asset to the agency, willing to work on internal initiatives, share knowledge and thought leadership in service of education and promoting agency expertise
Submissions without portfolio samples will not be considered. The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 1 year of experience in a development role.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about envisionit.
envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
envisionit. Enjoy your agency
To learn more about Enjoy your agency, visit us on Instagram!
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application