Got IT is looking for a WordPress developer who is passionate about web design and development. As a WordPress Developer, your day-to-day includes working closely with clients and project managers; defining project development activities and technical solutions, and being a resource for your peers. You will be hands-on developing and maintaining sites while keeping your team accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements, and high standards of quality.
To ensure success as a WordPress Developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. Ultimately, the right candidate can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of the client.
WordPress Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
WordPress Developer Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to project manage.
- Good communication skills.
In order to be considered for an interview, please include reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer these two questions:
- Over the past year, what has been your most important achievement, either professional or personal?
- If you were a superhero (heck, maybe you already are!), what would be your superpower and why?
If you meet the criteria listed, we’ll contact you to set up a short phone screen to kick off the interview process. While we will try to contact every person who applies, even if we are not moving forward, we will only have conversations with those folks who are a good fit for the role.
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation are commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Got IT Digital in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application