We have a really interesting team of people that span many different skill sets, cultures, and backgrounds. We are a melting pot of sorts. One of the things our team members enjoy the most about working at Curotec is their ability to learn new things every day, not only about technology but also about their fellow team members and their cultures.
Check out our website to learn more.
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Developer / Team Lead that has experience in building WordPress websites using the WordPress framework, HTML5, and CSS3. This is for a full-time remote position. Candidates should have experience dealing with standard and custom theme development, plugin selection, plugin development, security, performance, mobile-first design, and custom integrations.
- Must be able to work EDT business hours. 8am – 5pm New York time.
- Must be able to speak and write fluent English. Your first interview will be a video call via Skype.
- Must be dedicated, passionate, and hard-working. Attitude is everything.
- Must be able to work with a team and collaborate remotely. Hard workers and self-starters please apply.
- Solid understanding of WordPress standards, database structure, themes, widgets, and responsive mobile development.
- Manage Project Workflow and provide Daily updates about work.
- Must be able to write plugin and themes from scratch, and not just using ready-made themes.
- The ability to guide Other WordPress developers for tasks and implementations.
- Good knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and Bootstrap 3 and 4 (proficiency with cross-browser techniques).
- Experience with MySql/PhpMyAdmin and Git.
- Familiarity with task runners and contribution to Front End workflows (Gulp/Grunt, Sass compilers, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills to coordinate the team.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Eager to develop and manage the task.
- Must have good problem solving and analysis skills.
- Must have experience with custom themes and custom plugin development.
- Experience building E-commerce sites on the Woocommerce framework is a plus.
- Able to work with Adobe PSD files.
- Must be able to produce quality bug-free work.
- Must be thoughtful and bring good ideas to the table.
Please list your skills and experience with each framework you know as well as your ability to work with others and meet deadlines. We are looking for more than just, “I can do xyz tasks”. We are looking for a thoughtful response as to why you are a good candidate for this job.
Our Hiring Process
We have a 2-part hiring process that includes a written code test and then a video interview.
- Code Test
- In order to qualify for the position, you must pass a code test that takes 1 – 2 hours to complete.
- Video Interview
- Verbal technical interview and soft-skills interview.
This button will take you to Stack Overflow Jobs where you finish your application