Sharp Notions is seeking a WordPress Engineer responsible for front-end development. In this staff augmentation role, you will be part of a team at Sharp Notions working closely with a client in the financial technology industry. While the team has varied responsibilities, you will work exclusively with the client’s marketing website.
- Regularly work with a custom WordPress theme to build new features, make improvements, fix bugs, etc.
- Form ideas on areas for improvement and present them to clients.
- Maintain attention to detail while implementing designs.
- Independently learn new tools and technologies as needed.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills in one-on-one and group settings.
- Effectively work and collaborate with engineering managers, product managers, quality engineers, designers, and developers.
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- 2+ years of professional, technical experience with WordPress
- Ability to consume RESTful web services
- Competent with revision control systems (Git)
- Knowledge of best practices for website performance
- Consideration for cross-browser compatibility and mobile optimization
- Experience with Advanced Custom Fields plugin for WordPress
Nice to have
- Experience with Segment integrations, or other event tracking frameworks
- Experience with Optimizely Web, or other A/B testing tools
- Experience in technical SEO
- Knowledge of best practices for website accessibility
- Knowledge of best practices for WordPress security
- Experience working with Pantheon hosting platform
- Experience working in Agile or Kanban methodologies for project management
- Experience with back-end development
- Independent, self-motivated
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of always learning and growing
- Authorized to work in the U.S. – No sponsorship opportunities at this time.
- Proactive attitude
- Desire to be remarkable
This button will take you to Stack Overflow Jobs where you finish your application