We’re looking for an individual (not a company) experienced in maintaining WordPress sites, to maintain sites for our clients. By maintenance, we mean updates, backups, and security. Our maintenance plans also include tech support, making small changes to websites, and minor web development (more on that later).
You will keep WordPress sites secure and running smoothly. You will keep clients happy by answering their questions and making website changes they request.
This is a remote position; you may work from anywhere on Earth with a good Internet connection. Hours are flexible; position will start under 20 hours per month, but could eventually increase to 20 hours per week or more.
You must have customer service or tech support experience of some kind (answering questions from clients, and helping them with problems).
You must know WordPress inside and out; you must be familiar with the admin area, files, and database. You must know how to make a variety of changes to WordPress sites, and how to troubleshoot a variety of problems.
You will use Freshdesk (a help desk system) and email to communicate with clients. You will reply to clients within 1 business day (M-F). You will update clients on the status of open issues at least once per business day.
You must be able to work independently, be dependable, and take ownership of issues.
Please only apply if you’re an independent individual, not a company. Please only apply if you are truly fluent in English. Please include your hourly rate in your application.
Below are required skills, grouped by category.
– Back up and restore
– Security hardening (increasing security)
– Identify security issues
– Remove malware
– Improve site performance/speed
– Receive support tickets from clients
– Assist clients with typical user aspects of the WordPress admin area
– Troubleshoot technical issues
– Keep clients informed about tickets
– Answer questions about WordPress, plugins, and themes
– Add or change content (text, images, videos, etc.)
– Troubleshoot plugins or themes
– Investigate site performance/speed inquiries (load time, caching, etc.)
– Investigate plugin or code conflicts
– Basic HTML
– Basic CSS (such as color changes)
– Installation and/or basic configuration of plugins or themes
– Select plugins that meet functionality requirements
– Optimize (resize and compress) images
– Format content to look good
– Installation and/or configuration of plugins and themes
– Basic WordPress theme modifications
– Performance/speed optimization
– Audits of WordPress configuration (settings, plugins, themes)
– Configure sites to use SSL/TLS
– Configure settings in host control panel: map (sub)domains, create MySQL databases, create FTP accounts, etc.
Additional skills preferred
– Configure DNS
– Migrate WordPress sites to different URLs or different hosts
– Experience with ManageWP
– Experience with ecommerce for WordPress, especially WooCommerce
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application