Key responsibilities include the planning, development, testing, and delivery of website projects.
- Development of solutions to get content in and out of the database including the development of: custom plugins, Gutenberg blocks, CPTs, meta boxes, customizer, widgets, page templates
- Development of Genesis themesCreation custom Genesis themes from provided Sketch designs files
- Skin existing Genesis themes as needed
- Deliver implementations that are easy for a nontechnical person to maintain over a long period of time
- Load in content received
- QA testing and problem solving
- Provide bugfixes and implement new features for existing WordPress websites
- Collaborate with the project manager with scoping, timeline development, and management/procurement of needed resources for each project.
- Required Skills and Experience
- Must be available between 10am – 4pm Central (UTC -6) for calls and meetings
- WordPress development experience using the Genesis framework
- Development tools including Git, pre-processors, BrowserStack, browser dev tools
- Strong knowledge of standards-based web development and cross-platform compatibility (Responsive Design)
- Creative problem solving
- Good written and verbal communication
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Have strong personal organization and attention to detail
- Experience working remotely
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a part-time position (20 hours/week) to start but carries with it the opportunity for growth.
- Market rates. Benefits are not currently included in the compensation package.
The ideal candidate is most likely a freelance Genesis developer seeking a guaranteed monthly income in exchange for dependable, quality effort.
Please complete our WordPress Genesis questionnaire to be considered.
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application