Are you a creative person, passionate about quality?
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to help us create the absolute best customer experience for our users by writing and executing exploratory and manual/automated tests to ensure software quality for our products.
We’re a friendly group of 20+ designers, developers, testers, and marketers having a great time building themes at ThemeIsle, sharing the best content at CodeinWP, and straight-up innovating with Optimole.
Make it easy for anyone in the world to launch & grow their online presence, through education, high-quality products, and reliable support.
On what you’ll be working on?
We have 3 major projects: Neve, Optimole & our own sites and few other smaller projects, for which you will:
- Develop and execute exploratory, manual and automated tests (we are currently using Cypress for automation).
- Write test cases and test plans.
- Constantly collaborate with the development team.
- Learn something new every day.
In case you’re wondering about scale, our products are being used by around 1 million people, while content sites are read by half a million people every month.
What kind of people are we looking for?
We are looking for someone that can bring in:
- Creativity, initiative, attention to detail
- Good English writing and communication skills
- Previous experience in Quality Assurance (QA)
- Previous experience with WordPress
- Remote work – work from home or wherever you work best
- Be part of a diverse team – we’re 20+ people spread across three continents
- All expenses paid conference at your choice each year.
- All expenses paid trip to our annual retreat.
- Annual profit share
- Flexible vacation with fully paid and required time-off minimums.
You’ll get to work with a team of WordPress enthusiasts, programmers, designers, and even active bloggers and writers. We want you to be independent and pursue your personal projects, as long as you’re able to get your primary job done.
How to apply?
Use the form below and clearly state in a written or video form:
- Your experience working with WordPress.
- Tell us about the work you’ve been doing recently. What’s the most interesting bug that you’ve found, and why.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered.
- Any profile links that might help us get to know you better (GitHub, GitLab, WordPress.org, your website, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
- What would be the top three most important test cases you would write for https://github.com/Codeinwp/neve?
Please take your time to go through those and answer carefully. We don’t have a long interview process, nor any technical tests per se, we’ll need those answers and references to go through them and figure out your skills.
Note: We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications. If you’re a match we’ll reach out.
What’s the process like?
Shortly after applying if you seem to be the right person, I would reach out to you for a 60’ meeting where I would like to learn more about what you are looking for, the work you’ve done before, and answer any questions you might have.
If this goes well, we’ll propose you a 2-weeks paid trial to get a better understanding of how things would work, if this goes well, you’re hired.
We hate wasting other people’s time, so we did our best to keep this as short & simple as possible.
QA Engineer at Vertigo Studio
This button will take you to Stack Overflow Jobs where you finish your application