We’re looking for someone who loves WordPress and web design and is excited about working for a small entrepreneurial team where there is considerable opportunity to contribute to the direction and growth of the business.
The main aspect of the role will be to manage WordPress support and maintenance contracts for our clients (large and small), ensuring that we deliver a reliable, pro-active service that not only keeps client websites secure and up to date, but also helps clients to continually get more out of their web presence.
You’ll need to be pro-active, confident, assertive and friendly with clients, have a solid understanding of the market and solutions we provide, be super organised and have excellent attention to detail.
The role is semi-remote, meaning that your time will be split between working from home, our office in near Piccadilly in London and client offices for meetings in and around London.
The role will mainly entail:
- Helping design WordPress support and maintenance plans
- Assisting in developing and continuously improving processes and tools to enable a high quality support and maintenance service
- Assisting other team members with the sale of support and maintenance plans
- Acting as day to day support contact for clients with ongoing contracts
- Attending meetings with ongoing clients when required, often with other team members
- Checking in with clients by phone or face to face regularly to update them, suggest new ideas and ask how we can help
- Checking on each site in maintenance plan regularly and performing updates, ensuring that the service is being delivered effectively
- Identifying, suggesting and actioning ideas to improve clients websites.
- Notifying clients of issues and reassuring them that we are on the case
- Coordinating other team members working with the same clients
- Briefing other team members on support and maintenance tasks, managing their time, budgets and overseeing quality
- Helping other team members troubleshoot support and maintenance issues and facilitate discussions with the client when required
- Performing quality assurance on design and development work done by other team members
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Proactive, sociable, confident communicator
- Ability to learn quickly
- Understanding of web technology and how it can serve client’s needs
- Basic web development skills and ability to safely perform maintenance on websites
- Detailed understanding and enthusiasm for WordPress (or willingness to learn quickly)
- Confidence using web based applications
- Ability to understand business requirements of Wholegrain Digital and our clients
- Ability to work under pressure, with high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of multiple work streams at the same time
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Passion for web design trends and user experience
- Passion for delivering great customer service
- Understanding of SEO and conversion optimisation fundamentals
- Honesty and integrity
- Extremely well organised and reliable
- 2+ years in the web design sector
- Experience using the WordPress CMS, ideally on self hosted sites with custom features
- Experience working in a team and managing different personality types
- Experience of working remotely
- Experience talking to clients in meetings, on the phone and by email
- Experience providing customer support, tech support or IT support
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application