We have a number of current and ongoing website development requirements as outlined below and are looking for a freelance WordPress developer/designer to partner with – initially on a short term basis but with a view to developing a longer term partnership. The current project requirements we have identified are as follows:
1. Rebuild our custom theme as a child of it’s parent – the developer we appointed to create our custom theme adapted it from a 3rd party theme but failed to create our theme as a child of it’s parent. We have therefore been unable to keep your theme updated in alignment with changes to the parent theme. We can provide copies of the original theme files.
2. Perform any necessary theme tweaks to enable WC 3.3.4 update – we are currently running WC 2.6. Having tried to update to WC 3.0 shortly after it’s release in a staging environment we encountered some styling issues. We suspect the bulk of these will be addressed by the theme update outlined above but anticipate some potential additional styling tweaks to support the update.
3. Review options to recreate current product detail page UI using native WooCommerce 3.0 features – enabling retiral of 3rd party image zoom plugin.
4. Fix some tactical plugin issues – we are experiencing some minor issues with two of our plugins – a. An issue with Woocommerce Waitlist display for O.O.S. variable products; b. An issue with Google Customer Reviews opt-in form not loading on checkout page. Again, we are anticipating that these issues may be addressed by the theme / WC updates.
5. Review our current hosting, firewall and CDN structure weighing overall site performance, reliability and security requirements – propose any necessary changes.
We are also looking for a partner who can help us with some of our ongoing and future requirements for example:
Multicurrency Testing and Deployment; Checkout Redesign / Basket and Checkout Optimisation; General Usability Testing; Account Pages Redesign; Tiered Account Pricing; Redesign Page Templates for Specific Page Categories; Periodic Theme Refresh
We are seeking an experienced WordPress / Woocommerce developer with a blend of backend development skills and experience coupled with frontend design flair and creativity. We are looking for someone that we can build a long term partnership with – so in addition to your demonstrable track record of success we also want you to have good personal skills – someone that we can get along with and who is able to accurately interpret our ideas. Of course, accuracy, responsiveness and reliability – as well as creativity are also hugely important to us.
We work pretty flexibly so you can too – we are happy for you to work remotely during the hours when you are most productive – apart from briefing and progress review meetings that will usually be conducted on Skype during UK GMT business hours.
If you think you have the profile and skills we are looking for and you like the idea of working with us we would love to hear from you!
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application