Full Stack Developer
Building an online platform for educational games for children
Not just a job, but a job where you can do something positive for children! Does the idea of making the world a better place appeal to you? Do you care about education? And do you think about your own role in this world?
Squla is a Dutch company building an online platform for educational games, where hundreds of thousands of children, parents and teachers interact.
Interested? Good!, let’s dive into more details about the job and the company.
In this role you will get the opportunity to work within an international team of great developers who are building the Squla platform which offers curriculum based gamified educational quizzes and real-time multiplayer games to primary school aged children at home and in the classroom.
Your typical day at work will involve
- Building end-to-end features that contribute to growing the Squla brand, its fun factor and ultimate effectiveness as a learning tool
- Taking part in planning sessions
- Testing your features and being fully responsible for them when they go live;
- Troubleshooting live issues
- Have non-trivial experience in a variety of programming languages, both dynamic and statically typed
- Have experience or a an interest to work with Python
- Are a team player, able to communicate across disciplines
- Enjoy taking ownership and responsibility for putting features live independently
What we want from you
- A Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Computer Science or equivalent minimum of 2 years of experience in software development
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- A thorough knowledge of computer science fundamentals (algorithms and data structures)
- A good foundation in relational database concepts and practices
- The ability to write clean and maintainable code, following standards and guidelines
- A good understanding of common design patterns
- Experience writing automated tests
Nice to have
- AWS or other cloud experience
- Experience with HTML5 games
- Experience with Unity
How do we work?
In a small team of developers, working closely with Product Owners and Business Owners, using agile scrum methodology with 2-week sprints.
Why you want to work with us 😉
The Squla office is located in a beautiful office on Weesperplein in the centre of Amsterdam. We work hard, play hard and we have a lot of fun and foster an informal yet professional atmosphere.
The Squla crew is a dynamic team that is enthusiastic about creating a fun, new way of learning in this ever-evolving digital age. We believe that a positive and energetic, yet relaxed, work environment not only encourages great teamwork, but is key to motivating our team to produce high quality products. We provide our team members with the resources they need to make sure they can do their jobs properly and get the results we aim for. Although our team is diverse and everyone brings their own interests and uniqueness to the table, every single person is excited about the great work Squla is doing.
This button will take you to Github Jobs where you finish your application