Stanford Law School (SLS) is looking for a full-stack WordPress developer to join the Web Team in the Office of Communications and Public Relations, reporting to the Associate Director of Online Communications & Identity. The SLS WebTeam updates and maintains the law school website, and also creates multimedia and interactive Web projects. We are looking for someone who likes a creative challenge and thinks anything is possible – it’s just a matter of figuring things out.
Duties include working with the Web Team to architect, build, and implement new, high quality, high performance web-based applications and tools that maximally leverage available technology infrastructure – as well as maintain and enhance the law school website with dynamic content, and implement SLS Web initiatives.
Technically, the individual must be able to quickly synthesize complex design and functionality requirements and execute solutions that account for usability, accessibility, security, and maintainability.
With your application please include links to WordPress projects you have worked on with descriptions of your role and contributions.
• Architect, implement, and manage web-based applications, databases, and interfaces from initial architecture through development, test, and deployment.
• Implement and maintain content management systems (primarily WordPress, some Drupal), including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and creation of custom SLS plugins and content types. Develop and deploy upgrade/migration plans for content management systems.
• Develop and deploy web applications and client-side web interface components that interact with relational database management systems that integrate with Stanford’s web, authentication, and authorization infrastructure.
• Evaluate and implement new programming languages and technologies. Provide life-cycle management for software and code.
• Design and document data structures, architecture, and process flows for websites, web-based applications, and databases.
• Assist and collaborate with other staff on technical matters. Conduct security reviews of applications written by other developers.
• Design, coordinate, and troubleshoot integrations, components, and infrastructures to run enterprise class website.
• Research, evaluate, and enforce web standards for usability and accessibility. Develop and enforce Stanford programming and application design standards.
• Work with outside vendors as appropriate on development-related projects.
* – Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills
• Experience working in an agile development environment
• Demonstrated significant experience developing for web content management systems
• Solid understanding of WordPress standards, database structure, themes, widgets and responsive mobile development
• WordPress plugin integration and development
• Experience with GIT or any other version control systems
• Demonstrated significant experience in developing websites and web applications using open source tools, languages, libraries, and current standards-compliant code
• Demonstrated ability to write, compile, test, debug, and deploy software on UNIX-like platforms and web servers
• Knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Tag Manager, and Custom Search) and related analyses
• Ability to design and manage relational databases
• Ability to design and implement web services
• Ability to design and integrate complex web enterprise systems
• Familiarity with browser devices and platform differences and idiosyncrasies, and ability to develop workarounds to accommodate specialized user/client needs and device platforms
• Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
• Frequently sitting.
• Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
• Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
• Strong visual acuity.
* – Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
• This is an in-house, full time position. Working on-site at Stanford Law School is required.
• Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
• Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide,http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
This button will take you to Authentic Jobs where you finish your application