This job type is subject to change: we are willing to work on a per-project basis, full-time contract, part-time contract, contract-to-hire, internship, part-time employment, or full-time employment. This will be determined based on skillset, availability, quality of work, etc.
The Digible team is looking for a passionate web developer to plan, create, and execute website templates and sites for apartment communities in WordPress. This is a phenomenal opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a growing startup and develop a new product offering for the agency. We are looking for someone who will be integrated into our team and work collaboratively with the web product manager, account managers, and other designers/developers.
We are searching for a professional with the capacity to be creative and strategic in their approach. Most meaningfully, we want someone who truly fits with our culture; someone who is passionate, curious, hard-working, and reliable.
- Assist with creating websites and website templates that load in 1.5 seconds or less and Core Web Vitals average of 80+
- Assist with building 50+ websites over the course of the next year (and maintain them indefinitely)
- Lead the development of at least 1 custom plugin
- Lead website template creation – create strong environments that are scalable and repeatable, deliver a good user experience, and successfully achieve KPIs determined by the Digible team.
- Handle subsequent website builds for apartment communities across the U.S. This includes single-family homes, student housing, and 55+ communities.
- Optimize the websites for search engines, page speed, and conversions.
- Handle transfers of websites from other hosting providers, set up staging sites, and create multisite environments
- Lead quality assurance testing and apply edits/updates as needed
- API integrations and custom plugin creation
- Handle website launches and post-launch tasks
- Customize the WordPress admin dashboard for a streamlined user experience
- Offer technical and strategic input on processes and tech stack to continuously improve our web product offerings and scale over time.
What are the challenges of this position?
- Diving into the weeds to help develop and refine our tech stack and processes
- Learning the apartment industry
- Creating environments that will easily scale for future goals and not cause technical dept
- Extensive experience in WordPress and customizing the WP tech stack (creating plugins, customizing existing plugins and themes, etc.)
- Experience optimizing websites for page speed
- Ability to follow and weigh in on internal processes
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple tasks, responsibilities, and deadlines
- Confidence in communicating with internal team members, strong written and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity working with visual builders such as Divi, Elementor, and Oxygen
- Experience working with multisite environments in WP Engine
- Foundational understanding and skills in UX & UI/web design
- Experience optimizing websites for SEO
- Knowledge of optimizing for accessibility
This button will take you to WP Hired where you finish your application