We are seeking a high energy, self driven WordPress PHP Developer to come join one of the fastest growing sports, entertainment, and lifestyle networks on the Internet.
FanSided started back in April of 2007. Years later FanSided garnered the attention of media giant Time Inc, and in 2015 FanSided became one of the prestigious Time Inc brands. Time Inc. is one of the largest branded media companies in the world. The company reaches more than 130 million people globally each month across multiple platforms, with influential brands like Time, People, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple, Travel + Leisure, Food & Wine, and Wallpaper. Time Inc. is home to celebrated events and franchises including the Fortune 500, Time 100, People’s Most Beautiful, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year, Essence Festival in New Orleans and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
The FanSided team manages websites, the FanSided API, iOS apps, Android apps, customizable daily email newsletters, and integrations between brands and third party tools. If you like sports, movies, TV shows, video games, or superheroes … we have something you are interested in!
In this role you will:
- Design, implement, and maintain high-volume sports products using multiple languages including but not limited to: PHP, JS, SQL, CSS3, HTML5
- Report to the VP of Technology, who will be your managing team member. At FanSided you work with us, not for us.
- You will work on PHP WordPress themes and plugins, MVC Frameworks (FanSided API), mobile apps, daily dynamic email newsletters and more!
- Develop using the newest technologies and methodologies including SASS, Vagrant, Docker, Grunt, No-SQL, and more. Creative solutions that scale will be considered, regardless of the technology used for implementation.
- Working in a lean, fast-paced, creative environment that reaches millions of website visitors!
- Able to work remotely, on a flexible but agreed upon schedule, with the intent of coming to the office in North Scottsdale when it becomes available.
- Work in a team, using tools and training provided to you to communicate and organize your tasks, projects, and code.
- Use collaborative tools like GIT, Github.com, Asana, Slack, and Google Apps email.
- Use technical tools like terminals, ssh tunnels, RSA keys, 2-factor authentication, 3rd party API integrations, IDEs, and New Relic.
This button will take you to Stack Overflow Jobs where you finish your application